Leipzig Christmas Market 2019
During the Leipzig Christmas market, we kindly ask you pay attention to the traffic information concerning the city center given by the market office of the City of Leipzig.
- To ensure the safety of Christmas market visitors, the Augustusplatz and Goethe street / Höfe Brühl will be closed to traffic from November 26th at 12 p.m. until December 22nd at midnight.
- Entrance to the parking garage Augustusplatz is possible coming from the directions Georgiring, Grimmaischer Steinweg and Roßplatz from Sunday through Thursday. Fridays between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., Saturdays between 2 p.m. and 8 p.m., and anytime due to operational decisions, entrace to the parking garage Augustusplatz is only possible at Georgiring/Höhe Oper and therefore widely signposted.
- During the entire period of road closures, exiting the parking garage is only possible via Goethe street.
- The street "Am Hallischen Tor" will be closed to private transportation between November 26th and December 22nd. Exiting the city center is possible via Brühl -> Ritter street -> Goethe street.
- During road closures, the taxi areas Augustusplatz will be relocated to Goethe street / across from the parking garage exit.
- The bus line 89 will not run through the city center between November 11th and the end of the Christmas market.
- Since there are only a limited number of parking spaces available in the city center, it is recommended to use the indicated Park + Ride areas "Leipziger Messe", "Schönauer Ring", "Plovdiver Straße", "Lausen" and "Völkerschlachtdenkmal". These parking spaces are all serviced by LVB's scheduled services, providing a time-saving, direct connection to the city center, free of charge.
Contact: email@example.com, Fon: +49 (0)341 -1235929